Thursday, October 25, 2012

We're not talking about Sandy.

The storm has a 70 percent chance of smacking the Northeast and mid-Atlantic early next week with gale-force winds, flooding, heavy rain and maybe even snow, forecasters said.
It's going to be a high-impact event. It has the potential to be a very significant storm with respect to coastal flooding, depending on exactly where it comes in. -NBC News
Hurricane-like weather for my first marathon?   Yup.  But, I'm just not going there (mentally or emotionally) today.  I'm not turning on the news and I'm not checking weather.com.  I'm almost at the point where I'm not even checking MCM's facebook page because there are so many first-time marathoners freaking out like the world is going to end.  It is what it is, right?  I can't do anything about it so I'm not going to waste my time freaking out over rain and high winds (just kidding, I'm totally freaking out about running through a hurricane, sopping wet socks and shoes, blisters, wet iphone, wet food, no spectators...but I'm going to pretend like it's no big deal.)

For today's post...3 days before the big day, I'm going to make it a lighter read and entertain you with some of the past texts messages that have been sent to Brad from me, over the past 15 weeks.  Reading through these it sure is funny to see my progression and my how attitude towards running has changed, as well as some of the pains of running that I had forgotten about.

So, here we go.  When I post the next time let's pretend that this hurricane has taken a different route and won't hit us until after 1:00 on Sunday afternoon.  Please, Sandy, please?!

Running-related texts from annie to Coach B.
July 31 - My blog post got 105  hits today!

August 13 - #ImRunningAgain
August 15 - My back is hurting and leg has radiating pain.  It's hard to even work :(
August 15 - Why are my feet so swollen (insert picture here).
August 15 - Running and walking now (and crying because it hurts)
August 26 - 8 miles...4 more to go. WOOF this is LONG
August 26 (post 8 mile run) - No beer.  Milkshake instead :) :) :) :)
Sept 7 - Stress level from 1-10 mine is at a 12 so let's see what it is after 7  miles.  A good test...
Sept 11 - I feel weak and tired from not eating enough calories yesterday.  Should I eat a big meal tonight and run in the morning instead of tonight?  I keep eating food but I'm so physically and mentally exhausted.
Sept 21 - I have a random question.  Do you have that nip no rub stick?
Sept 28 - Damn forgot my running stuff today.
Oct 2 - I am celebrating (our soon-to-be new house) by drinking and not working out.  I just can't do it tonight.
Oct 9 - F*ck my knee hurts like ballz.
Oct 17 - Knee hurts more today.  #thissucksdonkeydick
Oct 21 (only 4 days ago....yikes...) - 2.5 miles in and knee is throbbing.  What am I ever going to do?? : ( : (

Oct 28 - I DID IT!!!! (hopefully???)

No comments:

Post a Comment