Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Clear your mind of I can't.

Today I am wearing a recent gift from a friend, a bracelet that says, "Clear your mind of I can't.  26.2."  It's the perfect gift and a perfect motivator as I look down at my watch  for the time and see this very important quote.  Between yesterday and today I've had a series of ups and downs in which I totally think I have control of this marathon and know I'm going to finish strong, and other times when I'm doubtful and completely scared shitless.  Yesterday I was sitting at work looking at the course map and scared myself silly.  {{That will be the last time I look at the map I think}}.   I mean, really, to think that I will be running in Clarendon, Georgetown, throughout the monuments and finishing near Reagan National Airport is just crazy.  That's like....all over the entire freaking city and suburbs of the city.  And if it's raining.....(I'm not even going there right now....) that will be just an additional challenge to face.  Ok...I can do this...I can do this.....

Looking down at my bracelet again.  I'm clearing my mind of I can't.  And telling myself I can. I know my training won't let me down.  

I can do this.....{I think?}


2 comments:

  1. You will finish. You can do this. No matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE YOU!!!!!!! You will rock this race and I will be there cheering you on :)

    ReplyDelete