Sunday, October 14, 2012

A quiet Sunday morning

Good morning.  I am currently at home, sitting on my couch with a cup of coffee and a scone while Brad is out running 10 miles. (feels like the 'ole days).  I can't remember the last time I wasn't up early on a Sunday and out running at this hour.  I decided not to join Brad on his run today.  I attempted a short run on Friday after work and made it to the end of my street until my knee felt just like it did last Sunday after the 20 miles.  Not a good sign.  I decided REST is the best thing I can do right now so I'm able to run 26.2 in 2 weeks.  So until the pain is 100% gone, no exercise for me.  I'll have to get used to this.

Right now rest, 2 weeks before the big day, doesn't seem right.  I hope it doesn't mess me up mentally.  I've been "to the training plan" type of person leading up to this injury.  I have to keep telling myself that if I was able to do 20 last week then hopefully 3 weeks later I'll still be able to do it (+6.2 more...).  I hate being injured.

I've learned:  I have to listen to my body.  I hate the fact that I'm sitting on the couch right now and when someone tells me I can't do something I just want to get out there and do it that much more. Every Sunday when I thought I would rather be home on the couch enjoying a morning of sleeping in and coffee, who knew that I'd rather be out there running.   Today I will miss the runner's high and the amazing feeling after a long run - the feeling that you can take on just about anything.


"The more I run, the more I love my body.
Not because it's perfect; far from it.
But because with every  mile it is proving to me
that I am capable of more than I ever thought possible."

1 comment:

  1. That must have been so hard to sit down yesterday and not run! I am glad you are listening to your body though. Hopefully things will calm down soon so you can be totally mentally and physically ready for 26.2!

    ReplyDelete