Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Yawn.......



I can't stop yawning this afternoon.  Let me begin by telling you that I am not a morning person what-so-ever.  Watching Brad with all of the races he has trained for over the past few years, it has always amazed me how he can casually roll out of bed as soon as the alarm goes off.  (We're the complete opposite in this regard as I typically catch my second wind in the evening and can clean, do laundry and the works...try me in the morning and it's not pretty).  So anyway, this evening I have a work happy hour.   I could just attend the happy hour and not have a beer and go running afterwards, but you can't exactly place me in a bar and expect me not to have a beer (or two...or three...) :)  I forced myself to set my alarm for 6:00 and to be out the door by 6:30.  And guess what...I did it!! So.freaking.proud.of.myself :)  This typically doesn't happen very often. I know it's  not that big of a deal that I got up and ran 3 miles, but it was a pretty big deal to me. Can't tell you the number of times I've set my alarm to get up and work out and I end up turning it off.  This is a big success.


Anyway, I figure I better get used to these morning runs.  With the summer heat, and with the insane fall schedule that I usually have between work and social activities, morning and I will soon become best friends.


70-something more runs......

No comments:

Post a Comment