Thursday, July 19, 2012

Cookie Monster

Yup, that's me....the cookie monster, the cake monster, the anything-made-with-sugar monster. If you know anything about me, the first thing you will come to find out is that I have an insane/out-of-control sweet tooth.  Put anything sweet in front of me and all self-control is out the window.  This leads me into the (very simple and stupid) lesson I learned tonight:  don't eat two huge homemade chocolate chip cookies and then run 4 miles immediately afterward.  I came home from work early and sat on my couch and told myself it didn't matter that I had 2 cookies because I was going straight on a run.  I failed to think about the stomach ache that would shortly ensue!   Oh well, I got through the 4 miles but my belly filled with cookies wasn't too happy.  Another night on the treadmill (BORING)...as it was in the high-90's again today.


I also forgot about how great throwback music is and how it can really get you going during a workout.  I started listening to Ja Rule and Notorious B.I.G. on Pandora and got carried away in memories of freshman year of college.  Sometimes that is the best kind of music you can find...the songs that you easily can get lost in.  There's nothing like a song that takes you back to your days of stupidity, naivety, and good friends (aka freshman year).


Signing off early tonight -- there are terrible thunderstorms happening (again!)  


Happy weekend...I'm sure I'll have some good stories to blog this weekend...6-miler on Saturday morning (bright.and.early.ugh.)



No comments:

Post a Comment