Friday, July 13, 2012

Team A&B


Hi!  We're A&B.  Also known as Annie and Brad, a 20-something couple living in the Washington, DC suburbs who have been happily married for 3 years.  We decided to start a blog to share our love (and for me, sometimes hate) for running.  Mostly the blog will be written by me (Annie), but I'm sure Brad will chime in every once in a while.  A&B will be running the D.C. Marine Corps Marathon on October 28, 2012.  Mostly this blog is to share stories about our training adventures over the next 15 weeks that include anything and everything about our weekly long runs, trying out new restaurants and beers (our reward for the long runs every weekend!), and the pain and rewards that come with signing up for an {insane} 26.2 mile race.


The name of the blog...it's pretty self-explanatory.  I did marry a marathoner (and maybe wasn't exactly sure what I was getting myself into...) :)  Not only did I marry a marathoner, but also married into a life that includes everything leading up to training...being husband-less on Saturday mornings (and afternoons when there is beer involved..), running clothes and shoes that stink up our entire house, husband passing out on the couch every evening at roughly 8:00, and the list continues.  Having run track during high school and having completed a few 10-milers, 10Ks and a half marathon, I decided to see what this marathon training is all about.  It's been a bucket-list item of mine, so what better time to do it before   there are kids in the picture and I'm actually old enough to make excuses and reasons not to do it.  I'm looking forward to getting a glimpse into my husband's favorite pastime and to see how he actually motivates himself to run for 16 weeks straight.


I hope you also look forward to sharing in this adventure with us as we take on training, and as I experience my very first marathon.  Happy running!

3 comments:

  1. Annie! I look forward to following your training with Brad! Congrats on deciding to run a full marathon!! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog. You'll inspire us all with your triumphs. Love you, Mamasuz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on taking on such a great physical challenge and personal bucket list item! Looking forward to following your progress and adventures!

    ReplyDelete