Friday, August 24, 2012

TGIF.

Happy, happy Friday!  I've been neglecting this blog a bit, mostly because I don't have anything too exciting to write about since I haven't focused too much on marathon training in the last week.  However, despite the back pain I decided to suck it up and hop back on the training schedule and attempt 6 miles last night on the Capital Crescent trail with my girlfriend, Lauren.  It was a great run!  A perfectly cool night for running.  And I'm SO happy to say that I have *no* pain today.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.  The main reason I wanted to knock out 6 last night was to see if I'd be pain free to do a long run this weekend.  12-miles it is...all by myself...as Brad will be in MBA orientation all weekend.

I really don't mind running by myself...even though 12 miles will probably feel awfully long and lonely...but I really do enjoy the time to myself - taking stretch and Goo breaks throughout the run.  And of course, I'll likely reward myself with a beer at a Bethesda bar afterward.  There's no way I could do 12-miles without beer at the finish!  

Hopefully I'll have more to write about after my long run this weekend (especially if the forecast holds true with all this rain they are calling for, ugh).

Happy running and weekend!


Capital Crescent Trail Tunnel

No comments:

Post a Comment