Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Press On.


It's been about a week since I have blogged because I haven't been running.  However, I've continued to listen to my father-in-law's 2 most famous words: Press On. When life gets crazy or you feel discouraged, press on.  Keep going.  Keep focused on the end goal. Don't give up. 

I start this post with this phrase because I'm trying to stay positive. I ran 5 miles on Friday and missed my 11 miler over the weekend.  I haven't run because my back has been hurting a lot and the pain continues to travel down into my left leg into my foot.  I keep doubting that I'm supposed to be running this much and keep thinking that my body is trying to tell me something....to stop.  I'm taking everyday as it comes and as Brad keeps telling me, if I miss one run (even one long run) it's not the end of the world.  What matters most is your health, and nothing should come before that.

I really want to run this marathon.  I know if I'm behind a few runs I haven't undone all of the training I've completed up until now. (even though I have Type-A tendencies when it comes to running and following the exact training plan...)  Last year Brad trained so hard for the Marine Corps Marathon.  The night before the race he came down with flu symptoms and a fever.  I desperately tried to convince him out of running the race but of course he didn't listen.  But I get it now.  When you set your mind to a large goal...a goal that you prepare so long for, you don't want anything to get in the way of obtaining it.

No one ever said this training would be easy (it's far from easy).  They just promised it would be worth it.  I hope I'm able to do this race and that this is all worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment