Saturday, September 8, 2012

Holy CRAP. This is getting real.

I was scrolling through my FB newsfeed today and came across THIS little update:


50 days?!  50 days???  How could that be?  50 days will be here before I know it!  I saw this picture and literally got goosebumps thinking about running this race!  I can hardly believe that I'm strong enough right now to be running 16 miles tomorrow morning.  When I stop to think about this whole training, it's just kind of crazy and I don't know how I got to the point already where theres only 50 days left until 26.2.

On that note, the training has been very exhausting.  Obviously exhaustion is something that is expected when you sign up for a marathon,  but it's even more difficult when you have other things going on in your life that make the training extra challenging.  Somehow...some way....you can never lose sight of the end goal and lose motivation.

Work has been insane the last few weeks since school started.  I'm typing this post after a long day of work on a Saturday as we had an all day event for our students and have another event on Monday.  It was an incredibly stressful week and when I thought about having to squeeze in running, it was another stressor added into the mix.  After a long day of work, the normal person prefers to put his or her feet up, lay out the couch, and drink a glass of wine.  But my outlet has had to be slightly tweaked...and now it is running (not exactly always #1 on my list of what to do after a stressful day...). Friday was the busiest day all week because I was wrapping up loose ends for the event on Monday and I had a 7-miler after work.  Surprisingly, the run was awesome and I felt so amazing after it was over with a completely cleared head. (It kind of made me wish that prior to starting this training that has now forced me to run on Fridays that I had chosen to run every Friday after work to clear my head/separate a stressful week with a fresh start to the weekend!)

Knowing how challenging training has been, I came home to a great surprise from my "coach"...aka, my sweetest husband Brad.  He could tell the type of week it was for me, so he had a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a motivational card waiting for me when I got home.  Jeez, what a guy!  

I know I can't do this training alone.  The little things such as B's thoughtful card and flowers made such a difference and made me realize that yes....I can do this...and I sure as hell couldn't be doing this without the motivation of my husband and the support of some of my great friends who have also been cheering me on!

Thank you!



2 comments:

  1. You are doing great and have the perfect attitude for training :) No it isn't always the priority especially with all the other responsibilities in life but running is something that we can do for ourselves to show how strong and determined we are and reach new goals. Good luck with the rest of the training :)

    ReplyDelete